What kind of information do we collect about you?
We collect information that helps us provide our services to you. Below, you find the types of data we collect and the reasons why this data is collected:
- Your email: When logging in to our services, you are identified by your email address. This allows you to recover your password, allows us to send you information about the services and answer any support requests you make.
- Your age, usage history and habits: We collect this kind of data to provide you with a personalized experience and to better understand when the program works or when it doesn’t, and how it can be improved. You don’t have to answer these types of questions if you don’t want to.
- Your current mental health: This allows you to track your program progress and allows for us to better understand how or for whom the program works.
- Information about how, where and when you’re using our services: By understanding how, where and when our services are used, we can improve your and all other users’ experience of the services.
Purchasing and delivery information, We need your address and payment details to enable your order of physical products. Also, since the BeCurie is an electronic device we are required by law to store your information in case we need to make a recall.
For how long will you store information about me?
As long as you have an account with us, information will be stored. If you choose to terminate your account with us, your data will be retained for a maximum of 1 Year and then erased. Information we use for sending newsletters or marketing will be retained until the time you choose to unsubscribe to this kind of information. We might store anonymised and aggregated data based on the information you provide even after you have ended your account with us. In this case, nothing that can identify you as an individual will be stored.
Who has access to the information you collect and keep regarding me?
Your data may be handled by a trustworthy staff who works for BeCurie, no third party has access to your personal information as long as the law does not require us to share it. We have procedures in place to ensure that your personal information is handled safely and securely under applicable legislation. For more information, please contact us via email.
Where and how do you store my information?
Your data is stored in AWS cloud data centres within the Asia/Pacific region. All communication between our websites, servers and apps are encrypted with industry-standard techniques (HTTPS). The servers where data from our apps is stored are hosted by Amazon Web Services and physically located within the Asia/Pacific Region. The hosting provider managing our servers has the following security certifications to ensure that your data stays safe:
All communications between our websites, servers and applications are encrypted with industry-standard methods (HTTPS). The servers that store data from our applications are hosted by Amazon Web Services and are physically located in the Asia/Pacific region. The hosting provider who manages our servers has the following security credentials to ensure that your data is secure
- ISO 27001, 27017, 27018: Security Management Controls, Cloud Specific Controls, Personal Data Protection
- SOC 1, 2, 3: Security, Availability & Confidentiality Reports
What are my rights?
- Right to information: You can request a copy of the personal information Becurie has collected about you.
- Right to rectification: We want to ensure that your information is up to date and correct. You can request that your information be corrected or removed if you consider it incorrect.
- Right to be forgotten: You can request us to delete your personal information. We may not delete data that the law requires us to keep.
- Data portability: You can request that Becurie transfer your data from our IT environment, either to another company or to you. This does not apply to information that the law requires us to keep.
- Withdrawal of consent: You can withdraw your consent to share your information or to receive marketing/emails at any time. Either by unsubscribing from the mailing list or by contacting us through email.
Complaint: You can file a complaint with the Data Protection Authorities if you believe that we are treating your data in violation of GDPR & The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019 (India Specific data protection Law)
How can I use my rights?
If you wish to use any of your rights, please contact us by email (you will find our email address at the bottom of this policy).
What about cookies?
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. The regulation became effective and enforceable on the 25th of May 2018. BeCurie has undertaken the required business and technology steps to operate in a manner compliant with GDPR.
Updates to this policy
- We may update this policy and will then notify you via email or our apps. This policy was last updated on April 27, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, regarding the use of your personal information or about your rights, please contact us at: email@example.com